Emerson AMS TREX Communicator
Order #: TREX
Currently a configured instrument on this page is sold at list price. Add to quote to receive your Transcat customer pricing.
Problems with Foundation Fieldbus and HART devices can be diagnosed in the field while the devices are still installed. Simple issues can be addressed on the spot, avoiding unnecessary, and potentially destructive, invasive physical investigation of the problem. Configure yours below.
|Emerson AMS TREX Device Communicator Options Worksheet|
|Emerson AMS TREX Device Communicator Datasheet|
|Emerson AMS Trex Device Communicator User Manual|
|Emerson AMS Trex Device Communicator Quick Start Guide|
Emerson TREX Highlights
- Commission and validate devices faster
- Quickly fix issues in the field with advanced device diagnostics
- Configure and test valves inline
- Improve efficiency with a modern, intuitive user interface
- Intrinsically safe; usable anywhere you need to go
- Software updates can be downloaded. See PDF in the technical resources tab for more information
Each TREX Includes
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- Lead Set with connectors
- Hand Strap
- Quick Start Guide
- ValveLink Mobile application available at no charge once Trex unit is activated
Emerson AMS Trex Device Communicator Features
A Rugged and Reliable Device Communicator
For a communicator to be useful in the field, it must be built to last and ready for anything. The Trex communicator is designed to withstand the harsh conditions in and around manufacturing facilities. The rugged device is easy to hold, yet designed to take the bumps and drops that come from normal use in the plant. In addition, the Trex communicator is protected against moisture and extreme temperatures, allowing you to work regardless of environmental conditions. The sturdy exterior is designed in accordance with Intrinsic Safety standards to limit the buildup of static electrical energy. Unlike consumer-grade mobile devices, the Trex communicator will withstand the abuse of a harsh field environment.
Designed based on user feedback and with field use in mind, the carrying case features an access window that allows you to use the communicator and contains pockets large enough to carry the charger, extra lead sets, or other tools you may need in the field.
Touchscreen Display for the Field
The Trex communicator features a 5.7" resistive touchscreen display for easy use with bulky work gloves. The adjustable backlit screen can be easily changed to save power or adapt to dark environments or bright sunlight, ensuring a crisp display that can always be read - no matter the external conditions.
An App for That
The Trex communicator includes Upgrade Studio, a PC application to help keep the Trex unit up-to-date with new software and apps.
With Upgrade Studio, add critical diagnostic tools to your toolkit and push them out to any number of Trex communicators. With multiple apps available and many more in development, Upgrade Studio will make the Trex communicator your go-anywhere, do-anything device:
- Field Communicator - The Field Communicator app delivers a wide range of options for configuring and troubleshooting HART and FOUNDATION Fieldbus devices.
- Loop Diagnostics - With the Loop Diagnostic app, you can power the loop in the field and also perform loop troubleshooting and checkouts. The app helps with loop characteristic validation and lets you isolate and troubleshoot wiring issues.
- Fieldbus Diagnostics - The Fieldbus Diagnostics app gives you the necessary toolset for troubleshooting and validating Foundation Fieldbus segments.
- WirelessHART Provisioning - The WirelessHART Provisioning app allows you to provision wireless networks in less time, with less chance of error and in a more secure fashion. The app can configure hundreds of devices with a push of a button, improving accuracy and allowing you to provision an entire network up to 6x faster.
- Radar Master - The Radar Master app enables you to ensure the measurement and configuration accuracy of your Rosemount radar level transmitters by bringing the power of Radar Master software to the field. Use dynamic graphics to verify configurations while protecting the safety of your personnel and assets.
- ValveLink Mobile - With Valvelink Mobile, you can analyze and review valve assembly condition and performance without affecting the process. Configuration and troubleshooting of digital valve controllers has never been more efficient.
- Calculator - The Calculator app for AMS Trex includes a simple calculator, conversion calculator for base conversions, loop convertor/Ohm's law calculator, and unit converter for engineering units.
- Trex Help - The Trex Help app offers a searchable help guide, putting key information on operation and troubleshooting at your fingertips.
- PDF Viewer - Transfer PDF files to AMS Trex to easily access manuals, work processes, notes, and any other PDFs in the field.
Designed for Use
Designed for comfortable, one-handed, all-day operation in the field, the Trex communicator is packaged in an evenlybalanced form factor with a rugged hand strap so you can easily hold it, even when working in tight spaces. It comes standard with 32 GB of application memory, providing plenty of space to customize it with the apps of your choice. With built-in USB and Wi-Fi connectivity, you can move data to and from the communicator using the connectivity option that is most convenient. With numerous communication options, your communicator has never been more connected. The communicator's robust lithium-ion power module will keep it running for hours, well over a full shift, even when it is being used to power other devices in the field.
- Emerson TREX-FFPA-0001Power Plug for Foundation Fieldbus
Order #: TREX-FFPA-0001
Mfg #: TREX-FFPA-0001Availability:In stock$190.40
- Emerson TREX-PMDC-1211Device Communicator HART/FF Module
Order #: TREX-PMDC-1211
Mfg #: TREX-PMDC-1211Availability: Ships in 3-4 weeks$3,365.60
- Emerson TREX-0004-0001Lead Set with Connectors for TREX
Order #: TREX-0004-0001
Mfg #: TREX-0004-0001Availability:In stock$211.40
- Emerson TREX-0005-0002TREX Hand Strap, Replacement Set of Two
Order #: TREX-0005-0002
Mfg #: TREX-0005-0002Availability: Ships in 3-4 weeks$123.20
|Processor, Memory, and Operating System|
|Microprocessor||800 MHz ARM Cortex A8 / NXP|
|Memory Internal Flash||2 GB NAND and 32 GB extended flash|
|Operating System||Windows Embedded Compact 2013|
|RAM||512 MB DDR3 SDRAM|
|Weight||Approximately 2.9 lbs (1330 grams)|
|Display||5.7 inch (14.5 cm) color VGA resistive touchscreen|
|Keypad||X button – similar to a Back key|
Cables included with U.S., Europe, and U.K. plugs
|Power Supply / Charger|
|Battery||Rechargeable Lithium-Ion power module|
|Battery Operating Time||8+ hours of typical use|
|Charge Time||3 to 4 hours|
|LEDs||6 LEDs. Five LEDs for indicating the progress of charging. One LED to indicate the AC adapter is charging the power module.|
|Battery Charger Options||Input voltage 90-264 VAC, 47-63 Hz|
|USB||Micro USB Connector. USB 2.0
Remove the USB cable from the Trex unit before connecting to a device.
|Battery Charger||Barrel Round Plug Tip|
|Wireless Approvals||FCC, CE, RED and IC Approvals, Certified for use in over 100 countries|
|Bluetooth||2.1, Range up to 10 m|
|Wi-Fi||802.11 b/g, Range up to 33 m|
|NFC||Active NFC, Range up to 20 cm|
|Device Communicator Communication Module||HART terminal Enables HART device communication
Connectors: Two Banana Jack Plugs
Optional Internal Resistor: 250 or 500 Ohm
|Fieldbus (FF) terminal||Foundation Fieldbus device communication
Connectors: Two Banana Jack Plugs
|Device Communicator Plus Communication Module||HART terminal, Enables HART device communication|
|HART + power terminal||Enables HART communication with the Trex unit, and provides power to one HART device in a bench setup.
Connectors: Two Banana Jack Plugs Includes HART power supply, resistors (167 Ohm), current control, and ammeter. Current Range: 3 -22.5 mA
mA terminal (external ammeter)
Measures current on a 4-20 mA current loop.Connectors: Two Banana Jack Plugs. Current Range: Up to 22.5 mA. Resolution: 0.1 mA
Fieldbus (FF) terminal
Enables Foundation Fieldbus device communication. Connectors: Two Banana Jack Plugs
FF + FF power terminal
Provides power to one Foundation Fieldbus device in a bench setup. Connector: One Banana Jack Plug (Power conditioner included). Current Range: 0- 38 mA
|Usage||-20°C to +55°C (-4°F to 131°F). For IS approval: -20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Charge||+10°C to +45°C (50°F to 113°F)|
|Storage with power module||-20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 122°F) (less than 1 month)|
|Storage without power module||-20°C to +60°C (-4 °F to 140°F)|
|Shock||The unit shall survive a 1-meter, all sides and corners drop test onto concrete.|
|Upgrade Studio Requirements|
|Installation||Windows 7 Professional Service Pack (SP1) 1 (32 and 64-bit)
Windows 10 Professional
512 MB of free disk space
A Windows user account with Administrator privileges
- Emerson TREXCHPKL9P1Device Communicator w/HART, IS, 1 Yr Premium Support$13,014.40
- Emerson TREXCFPKL9P1Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, IS, 1Yr Premium Suppt$16,360.40
- Emerson TREXCHPKLWS1Device CD3:D62ommunicator w/HAR Wireless, 1 Yr Standard Suppor$12,157.60
- Emerson TREXCHPKL9S3Device Communicator w/HART, IS, 3 Yr Standard Support$13,311.20
- Emerson TREXCFPKLWP1Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, IS, Wireless,1Yr Prem$16,360.40
- Emerson TREXCFPKL9P3Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, IS, 3Yr Premium Suppt$19,023.20
- Emerson TREXCFPKLWS3Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, IS, Wireless, 3Yr Std$16,657.20
- Emerson TREXCHPKL9S1Device Communicator w/HART, IS, 1 Yr Standard Support$12,157.60
- Emerson TREXCHPKL9P3Device Communicator w/HART, IS, 3 Yr Premium Support$15,677.20
- Emerson TREXCFPNAWP3Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, Wireless, 3 Yr Prem$17,907.40
- Emerson TREXCFPKLWP3Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, IS, Wireless,3Yr Prem$19,023.20
- Emerson TREXCHPKLWP1Device Communicator w/HART, IS, Wireless, 1 Yr Premium Support$13,014.40
- Emerson TREXCFPKL9S3Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, IS, 3 Yr Std Support$16,986.20
- Emerson TREXCFPNAWS1Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, Wireless, 1 Yr Std$14,387.80
- Emerson TREXCFPNAWP1Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, Wireless, 1 Yr Prem$15,244.60
- Emerson TREXCFPNAWS3Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, Wireless, 3 Yr Std$15,541.40
- Emerson TREXCFPKLWS1Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, IS, Wireless, 1Yr Std$15,503.60
- Emerson TREXCFPKL9S1Device Communicator w/HART & Fieldbus, IS, 1 Yr Std Support$15,503.60
- Emerson TREXCHPKLWP3Device Communicator w/HART, IS, Wireless, 3 Yr Premium Support$15,677.20
- Emerson TREXCHPKLWS3Device Communicator w/HART, IS, Wireless, 3 Yr Standard Suppor$13,311.20