Light Meter Calibration Lab Services
Light meters measure the amount of visible light in a defined area, and provide output readings in LUX (lux meter) or lumens per square feet. Accurate light measurement is vital to the film, video, and photography industries, but it's also a major issue for OSHA compliance, security, clean room standards, industrial processes, and environments that contain photosensitive materials. At Transcat, we offer calibration services for photometric light meters that measure illuminance, including models from AEMC, Extech, VWR, Sperry, Fluke and more, for a broad array of applications across a variety of industries.
Photometric measurements are based on the eye's response and are typically, "white light," with a color temperature of 2,856K. These types of meters are found in a broad array of industries, but because light measurement is so difficult to judge by eye, the accuracy of your light meter is the difference between appropriate lighting and possible security concerns, regulatory violations, and the destruction of sensitive materials. Here at Transcat, we can check data points of your choosing, from fractions of a lux up to 30,000 lux.
Transcat's Philadelphia Light Meter Specialists
Transcat's Philadelphia/Cherry Hill calibration lab specializes in luminance, and offers extensive lux meter calibration and other light measurement services. Our calibration specialists offer traceability directly through NIST and the most appropriate assets and darkroom, as well as certified calibration technicians that are recognized experts in the calibration and operation of light measurement devices.
What Sets Transcat Light Meter Calibration Apart?
Transcat is a leader in light meter calibration because our commitment to accuracy is second to none. We are one of a select few commercial calibration operations accredited as a Reference Laboratory for a variety of disciplines, and we have earned the widest scope of ISO/IEC 17025 accreditations. Whether you work with sodium, tungsten, mercury, or fluorescent lighting, when it comes to light meter calibration standards, you can rest assured that our team of highly trained calibration experts will service your equipment with the highest level of precision and attention to detail.
- We have earned the widest scope of ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation across the industries we serve
- Transcat's experts are recognized authorities in the science of calibration, with many holding the coveted ASQ Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) certification
- Our meticulously documented, internally monitored, and externally audited quality management systems exceed ISO/IEC 17025 requirements
- We check more points than our competitors to ensure that your device is consistently accurate across its entire range
- We allow you the flexibility to customize your calibration to your own requirements, so you can rest assured that your instrument's accuracy has been verified specific to your application
Transcat Calibration Services Offers:
- Calibrations of light meters up to 32,000 LUX in our Philadelphia laboratory
- The expertise to meet all of your calibration needs in one place
- Flexible service options including pickup/delivery or shipping to and from our labs
- No hidden fees ‚ minor adjustments, alkaline battery replacement and cleaning are included in the cost of calibration
- C3 Online Asset Management System gives you access to your instrument status and documentation whenever you need it
Find out what Transcat Light Meter Calibration can do for Your Business
Partial List of Instruments Calibrated